Muña Essential Oil 100% Pure Wildcrafted (15ml)
Muña, or Andean mint, is also known as the mint of the Incas. Native to the Peruvian highlands, the plant is widely cultivated in the Andean region. The Incas traditionally believed in muña’s healing properties and used the plant to help cure a myriad of illnesses and ailments.
- Muña’s deep, minty aroma may promote a sense of calm and clear-headedness.
- When consumed in teas, seasonings, or infusions, muña may help soothe and decongest respiratory system ailments, like coughs.
- Less commonly, Andean mint is said to be used externally for other parts of the body. It’s shown to possibly be beneficial in lessening minor ailments, such as rheumatism, bruising and insect bites. Native Peruvians traditionally used it to heal fractures and dislocations.
- Muña is disliked by insects and vermin - making it a potential home remedy to help rid a small space of pesky ants.
- Muña is believed to have positive effects on the digestive system, which may make it helpful in combating travel sickness, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation and nausea.
- To improve digestion: Apply 1 drop after meals.
- For respiratory problems: Massage in 1-2 drops.
- For sinusitis: Massage in around the sides of the nose, cheekbones and ears.
- For joint and muscle pain: Apply 2-4 drops within a tablespoon of carrier oil. Massage the affected area up to three times daily.
- For urticaria and eczeme: Apply 1 drop within a tablespoon of carrier oil. Massage the affected area up to three times daily.
- For nausea and dizziness: Apply 1-2 drops in a tissue and sniff, as needed.
- For acne: Muña can be added to everyday liquid soap.
- For hair loss: Apply 1-2 drops in a tablespoon of jojoba oil. Twice a week, massage gently and wash with shampoo. Muña may be added to shampoo for daily use.
CAUTION: Seek expert medical advice before taking during pregnancy or nursing. Dilute before using in massages with a natural base oil. Do not ingest directly. Avoid direct contact with eyes and mouth. Do not apply on irritated skin. Keep out of reach of children. Store away from heat and light.
- 23-40% tans Menthone
- 13-28% Pulegone
- 23% Tetradecene
- 18.5% Menthone
- 1.7% Carvone
This essential oil is sustainably extracted through a process known as steam distillation. No chemical solvents are involved. The oil is first extracted by passing a vapor stream through the dry wood, opening its oil gland and allowing the essential oil to mix with steam. Next, the oil is passed through a cooling system to obtain condensation through the plant’s natural essence.
Sustainably harvested in Peru. Luna Sundara works with renowned Peruvian chemists to distill our oils. Our suppliers utilize ethical, fair trade and sustainable practices.
The above information is for informational purposes only, and cannot be considered as expert medical opinion or advice, nor does it compromise our legal responsibility.
View the full collection from Sandra Manay at Luna Sundara here